Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arched Window Treatment

Posted by j2ferguson (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 0:41

Arched Window Treatment

What are the coverings typically used on arched windows?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arched Window Treatment

Arched window treatments can be a pain. Those big open windows look just great in the show homes but in reality, the sun, heat and cold are often not even considered until you move in. There are several types of semi-affordable arch treatments. The most common being the honeycomb or cellular shade. It is simply a piece of fabric that looks like a bees-hive when you look at it from the side. It is very energy efficient, it can come in a blackout or light filtering material and there are hundreds of colors to choose from. These tend to go with normal existing blinds if you have those in the same room. The second most popular type of arch treatment is the movable louvered arch. It kind of looks like a shutter and has louvers that you can adjust to let more light in. Those tend to look more formal than the cellular arches and often costs 3 times as much. For either choice, if your arch is not perfect (height equals half the width), then you will more than likely need a template of the window to send to the factory who makes these. I would stick with these two options. They both work, both are relatively inexpensive versus other options and look fantastic.

o

You might want to try over at the home decorating forum which has tons of advice and activity.

We have two large half round windows (9 feet wide by 4.5 ft tall). We went with adjust-a-view movable shades because I did not want them closed all day, just the morning since they faced due east. They are not cheap but they are very nice.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.adjustaview.com/

o

Here is another resource for the Arched Window Treatment, i hope this link will work for you.
http://www.wiggerdraperies.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Wigger Draperies

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here