Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Broken glass tip out window

Posted by gardenandcats (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 07 at 22:05

I have the tip out type windows no brand name brand that I can see..Double pane .In one of the bedrooms the bottom windows glass was broken by one of the kids last year. How do you go about replacing the glass in these types of windows. I have been told you can't you have to replace the window itself. Single mom with no extra cash to replace the window.Its been this way for a year and I can't gp]p through another cold winter like this. Anyone have any ideas if the glass can just be replace?or just the lower part of the window?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Broken glass tip out window

Local glaziers can do insulated glass replacement. Look in the phone book for a few. They can just put the glass unit into the existing frame.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here