Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmanc

Exterior Patio Doors

cmanc
11 years ago

I am looking at replacing 3 sliding pation doors with new hinged doors. Have been looking at options from Milgard Wood Clad, Pella Architect and Jeld-Wen Siteline. Milgard came out most expensive and Jeld-Wen the cheapest and they ranged from $2k-$3k/door for a 6'0x6'8.

Was talking to a guy at one of the lumber yards and he told me about Simpson exterior French doors with their water barrier and ultrablock options. They priced up around $1k for a 6'0x6'8. They have the designs/options that I'm looking for so seem like a good alternative. I know a little about Simpson from interior/exterior doors they are in my current house and they seem farily well respected.

The doors will all be somewhat protected from the elements with 2 sets of doors covered by an outdoor porch and one set of doors in the basement protected by a deck. The house is in Eastern WA so drier climate but not considered an extreme hot or cold climate.

Wondering whether any of the experts here have any experiences or can help educate me on the significant price delta between this Simpson option and the major windows/door companies. Any advice appreciated - thanks

Comment (1)