Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window advice please! New house construction.

Posted by laurajane02 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 19, 11 at 22:03

Hi there,

I recently found this forum and have found it really helpful. My husband and I are building a log style post and beam house. We've just started looking into our window choices and received this quote:
48 - Standard Aluminum Clad - VG Fir Windows
9 - Standard Aluminum Clad - Exterior VG Fir Doors
$76,445.00 HST Extra

This seems a little high to me, but then, I've just begun my research. We want a dark grey exterior finish to the windows to match a dark grey standing seam roof. Is a high end vinyl window an option? We live in Southern British Columbia (hot summers, snow in the winter). What would you recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window advice please! New house construction.

As long as you stick to high end vinyl windows or fiberglass you will be fine. I don't know the Canadian market but you might want to look at Inline for fiberglass.

o
RE: Window advice please! New house construction.

+1

Inline make a fantastic fiberglass window and can be ordered in your color specifications.

Feel free to email me and I will get you in touch with the right person at Inline to give you a window schedule pricing.

Were in Canada is the home located?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here