Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me decide

Posted by ramo123 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 21:40

So...we have a 1950 home that has original Andersen wood windows....AND one of the windows is bad enough it HAS to be replaced before winter here in Michigan.

That said, we are going to replace all of the windows upstairs first...which is one set that is 2 stationary and 2 awning style windows below those...And the other two are gigantic awning style hung side by side.

I do not want to replace with wood. Close to the lake, and too much moisture and upkeep up on second story.

Eventually will replace other windows in house, little by little. Prefer solid vinyl or fiberglass. Want earthtone exterior color and white interior.

Had Renewal by Andersen out...are those people crazy? Price is a consideration, but we do not want to go cheap.

Please help us decide which line to go with!
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me decide

A two tone option is very much and option in vinyl these days.

Most window sales people could probably be called crazy but RBA does charge a mint for their product.

Going with a good quality vinyl window will not be going cheap and will likely yield you a better performing and warranted unit than the RBA window.

o

Being in Michigan, i would contact Sunrise windows. they make a great product and are known for long term durability and efficiency.

o

+1

Great window out there in the Sunrise offering.

o

+2. Premium vinyl is a good choice, and Sunrise is in that category along with Softlite and Okna/Himark among others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here