Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikora7

single hung question

mikora7
13 years ago

We have single hung windows in our living room. Recently both of the clips on the top of the lower window broke. These are the clips that keep the window in the track ~ so with them broken we can't use the window at all since there's nothing to hold them vertically in the track. We have no idea who the manufacturer is to ask about replacement parts. It is one section of a large, three section window but it looks like it could stand on it's own as it has a frame around it.

So my question is... are single hung windows universally made so we could find a couple replacement clips and replace them or are windows made so that when a part breaks you pretty much have to replace the window, frame/casing and all?

Comments (4)

• millworkman
    13 years ago

No, parts are for the most part unique to the brand and all companies sell replacement parts. Figuring out you brand my not be that easy. However there are 2 companies I have used that sell alot of replacement part and maybe you can locate the parts on the sites to order the parts. Try these Blaine Hardware or Strybuc.

• skydawggy
    13 years ago

Might try here also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Window parts

• mikora7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! We'll check out these links and see if we can find out the part. Is there any way to determine the brand if it's not obvious?

• skydawggy
    13 years ago

Try looking for a label on either the sash or frame. If it isn't there, you will probably have to call a window repair company to fix it.