Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessie21or2

Anyone have interior before & after pics of insert replacements?

jessie21
14 years ago

I've been having a heck of a time trying to decide what sort of replacement windows to get. Have been leaning towards marvin or marvin infinity (oy, they are sooo expensive and I'm not wild about my grill options). Also got a price on trimline wood inside/clad outside (much more reasonable). A pella rep is also supposed to come out next week to discuss options and price on the architectural series. Since my frames are in decent shape and I don't want the hassle and expense of full rip outs, I am going for the inserts. A few windows have painted trim (kitchen and dining room) so I would go for either white fiberglass or painted wood on those.........and the others would either be wood stained to match or in the case of infinity, the wood veneer, stained.

Of course I'm concerned about losing a lot of glass. I've seen lots of photos of houses from the outside, showing the pretty new windows....in my case, that's meaningless, as I won't be getting new trim and since I'm more concerned with how it will look as I sit at my dining room table, looking out into the yard. But I can't find any before and after pics from the interior. Anyone have some to share? Did you put replacement windows in your kitchen remodel or some such and so have befores and afters?

If you have them, please share and please let me know what kind of window you chose and if you are happy. I think this would help so many of us struggling with what windows to choose. thanks so much, in advance.

Comments (2)