Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have interior before & after pics of insert replacements?

Posted by jessie21 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 12, 09 at 21:07

I've been having a heck of a time trying to decide what sort of replacement windows to get. Have been leaning towards marvin or marvin infinity (oy, they are sooo expensive and I'm not wild about my grill options). Also got a price on trimline wood inside/clad outside (much more reasonable). A pella rep is also supposed to come out next week to discuss options and price on the architectural series. Since my frames are in decent shape and I don't want the hassle and expense of full rip outs, I am going for the inserts. A few windows have painted trim (kitchen and dining room) so I would go for either white fiberglass or painted wood on those.........and the others would either be wood stained to match or in the case of infinity, the wood veneer, stained.

Of course I'm concerned about losing a lot of glass. I've seen lots of photos of houses from the outside, showing the pretty new windows....in my case, that's meaningless, as I won't be getting new trim and since I'm more concerned with how it will look as I sit at my dining room table, looking out into the yard. But I can't find any before and after pics from the interior. Anyone have some to share? Did you put replacement windows in your kitchen remodel or some such and so have befores and afters?

If you have them, please share and please let me know what kind of window you chose and if you are happy. I think this would help so many of us struggling with what windows to choose. thanks so much, in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have interior before & after pics of insert replacemen

I will be following this thread as we are in the same boat, we have about 18 windows that we are going to replace and maybe even add a bay in the spot where two window's are. We have quotes from Andersen and Pella and thinking about getting a quote from Marvin. We also have quote's from two vinyl companies, but we wanted to go with wood so we ruled them out.

I was surprised that the difference in $ between a full ripout versus an insert from Andersen and Pella was not that great (11% more with Pella and only 6% more with Andersen).

o
RE: Anyone have interior before & after pics of insert replacemen

from, the pella guy just came to my house yesterday and I was surprised too.....at least for the architectural series, the difference was relatively small. He told me I would lose less glass by doing the full ripout with them too.

Since you are interested in this thread...I cross posted a shorter version of this question over at the kitchen forum, where they are more active and I actually got some replies.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's the link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here