Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin Integrity vs Milgard

Posted by lzerarc (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 28, 10 at 20:59

Thought we had things narrowed down to Marvin integrity wood ultrex for our new house (about 3k less then Marvin premiums, which we would LOVE to get) but have also been looking around at some others too. Milgard seems to be very similar to the Integrity wiht offering fiberglass exterior and wood interior. The hardware styles even look the same. I do like how Milgard has a triple glaze option too. We live in north Iowa and are building a house with R-40 walls and R-60 ceilings, so we want a good window as well, which is why we are looking at the triple glaze option.
Does anyone have any experience with Milgard windows? We do not have a dealer near us, but have seen the integrity first hand. The wood ultrex came in at around $650 average for the windows only.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin Integrity vs Milgard

Just for clarity, the wood Integrity window is a wood window with an Ultrex extrusion cladding, just like a regular aluminum clad wood window.

o

Actually it is a fiberglass exterior window with wood clad on the interior only. It is not a solid wood window wrapped with fiberglass ( not similar to a Marvin Premium....wood wrapped in extruded aluminum).

Here is a link that might be useful: Integrity Image

o

lzerac, the image clearly shows a hybrid window, not like what I described, so the salesman gave me wrong information, my bad.
I thought it odd that it would simply be clad with Ultrex, but he insisted.
Thanks for the clarification!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here