Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peachtree Windows are terrible!!

Posted by gwynd1 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 29, 09 at 20:34

Peachtree offers a terrible product. I installed doublehung windows in my new home in 1997. Almost every window has had moisture problems between the panes. This began to happen only two years after installation! Peachtree did send me replacement sashes for 4 windows. Now they are out of warranty and the problem is still occurring. They basically ignore most warranty inquires.
THERE SHOULD BE A LEMON LAW FOR WINDOWS....
Poor Substandard product, do not buy them!!!!! Stick with Anderson or Pella!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peachtree Windows are terrible!!

Problem is you would probably be having the same issues if you had purchased Pella or Andersen vinyl windows. Sorry this happened to you.

Friends don't let friends buy hardware store windows!!

o
RE: Peachtree Windows are terrible!!

I am sorry that you have had that happen with your particular windows. However I have not had any problems with our peachtree windows in the nine years that we have owned them. I also know many other homeowners who have been pleased with them. Please know that I am not trying to downplay your experience but if someone is considering peachtree, I would recommend them. Would the quality be different depending on where they were purchased? We did get the upper end when we purchased them. We also went through a local building supply company and they highly recommended them. Again, I hope you can get yours straightened out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here