Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Milgard 46x23 Window Broken - Is this an Option?

Posted by biscribbon (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 22, 11 at 20:21

I have a single-wide mobile home, 1972 vintage. Last year I had all of my windows replaced with Milgard Style Lines. The other day I did something stupid and broke the inner pane of the fixed part of the window only. I called the dealer and they wanted $265 + sales tax. The problem with them is that they are 6-8 weeks away from being able to install.

I was thinking of getting a glazier and just replace the inner pane for now. I know that this will void the warranty but if I can get it replaced for $100 in 1 week then maybe it is a viable option. I have not noticed a temperature difference since the breakage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Milgard 46x23 Window Broken - Is this an Option?

You can call a glazing company and they should be able to re-make that insulated glass unit (you will need to replace both pieces as they are bonded together).

You may want to call Milgard directly and see if they can ship you the glass and you can contract with a glazing company to do the removal and re-installation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here