Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Door Hardware

Posted by Blake686 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 19:39

First, thank you in advance for your help.

I am getting a new Provia Door installed, and getting the aged bronze hinges and magazine slot.

I wanted to get a Baldwin handleset and door knocker, but am worried about the finish matching the magazine slot and hinges. I am thinking the best Baldwin Colors to get are the Oil Rubbed Bronze or the Venetian Bronze to match the aged bronze on the door.

Does anyone have experience with these two Baldwin hardware colors and can comment on them? Are they both living finishes? How do they age over time?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Door Hardware

I am not sure who makes Provia's hardware offerings, but I can tell you for a fact and I cannot remember the association that Balwin uses or the the other hardware finish association's name at the moment but Baldwin Hardware's finishes match no ones but Baldwin unfortunately. Get samples of both before purchasing anything.

o
RE: Door Hardware

Most of the oil rubbed bronzes are in that dark brown/black family.

The finishes are supposed to be lifetime (i.e. remain consistent), however, they will age some and that will depend in large part by exposure.

Most of the commercial hardware manufacturers have pretty solid finish warranties so you should be covered.

Post up some before and after shots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here