Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunkster2

Can you cancel a window contract?

bunkster2
12 years ago

Having some frustration in a national window chain. We worked on a lot of additional home improvement projects and lined them up based on a specific time that the windows would be installed. We asked specifically and worked well in advance.Of course, no problem in making that date blah blah. They get their 50% down (our house has 18 windows, so pretty big order). After hearing nothing and getting within a month of my deadline date, I called them and now I hear they were impacted by the hurricane (I'm sure they were..) and everything is behind. at least TWO more months.

Given they only give you 3 days after signing to cancel, I was wondering if I'd even get a straight answer on whether my custom order was produced, and if not, what chance if any I'd have i cancelling and starting over with another company next spring.

Just really frustrated. Not seeking legal advice, just whether anyone has ever tried to 'cut their losses'. Not at all happy I didn't hear this from them rather than have my calls unanswered until I finally did get the news.

Comments (3)