Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
French door conversion kit

Posted by barrychan (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 26, 09 at 17:22

Hi guys,

I saw this on Larson's windows http://www.larsondoors.com/storm_doors/french_door_kit/ and was interested to see if the following would be possible.

I have two sliding patio doors that is north facing and would like to add storm doors to it during the winter. I looked around but no places in my area carries patio storm doors. So I was wonder if I can put two storm doors outside of the current sliders. My current sliding patio doors pics are located at http://picasaweb.google.com/bchen321

Thanks--Barry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: French door conversion kit

get them custom made for the size openings you require and i see no reason you cannot do that

o
RE: French door conversion kit

Thanks!

I had contacted the manufacturer of the door and they replied to me with the following.

"You will need some type of molding to attach the unit to. Storm Doors and Patio units require a 1 x 1 molding piece to attach to. You may want to install this first, then measure for correct opening size. Storm doors are ordered based on the opening size."

My current opening is 60"x80" and I do not have any molding on the outside. Now, how would I go about in putting in the 1 x 1 molding piece to the brick. I need some special screws or something? The opening is 2.5 inches deep and after adding the storm doors, I'm afraid it won't sit flush with the brick veneer in the front.

Thanks--Barry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here