Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happyladi

Don Young windows?

Happyladi
16 years ago

Has anyone any experience with Don Young windows? We have started pricing new windows and the company that did our siding uses mainly Don Young windows. I have never heard of them before.

We got an estimate from Statewide for windows and their windows were between $800 and $1000 installed. That seemed very high to me. They were Quantum2.

Comments (6)

• CompostaRosa
    16 years ago

We received a quote yesterday on 21 double hung Kensington windows double pane, low E and Argon at less than $500 ea. Your quoted price seems rather high.
    I'm in MA.
    Alice

• daniel_j
    16 years ago

When I built our new home in East Texas two years ago I heavily researched windows and determined that Don Young offered the best quality-to-cost ratio. Because they are local I went to the factory, toured the showroom and asked a myriad of questions before purchasing. Their windows are of exceptional quality with outstanding thermal properties and have far exceeded our expectations. The fit of every component is flawless and they perform admirably in keeping our home cool in summer and warm in winter. For example: Because our downstairs Central Air is not yet installed, we were forced to cool 1600 square feet with a 6,000 BTU window unit (small bedroom size). I expected it to cool one room but was amazed to find it could maintain the entire floor at a comfortable temperature, in spite of a wall of windows on the western exposure that gets the full impact of afternoon sun. I can't comment on the cost per unit you are referring to because so much depends on size, styling, and component choices, but I don't believe you'll find a better buy in windows, anywhere.

• Kevin256
    10 years ago

I have been representing Don Young windows for over a year now in the Houston area. I have competed against the big box folks as well as a host of other mfg's. Don Young isn't perfect (who is) but I always got my issues resolved to my (I hold a higher standard than most clients) satisfaction. They stand behind their product with lifetime warranties. I am also blessed with fabulous installers. Last but not least, price hasn't been an issue in winning deals.

• PRO
    Ultra Windows
    10 years ago

Statewide is always going to be one of the higher priced options. You can do much better, both in price and quality of workmanship.

Don Young makes a good vinyl window, mid-grade in my opinion. If you're looking for a premium grade product, Sunrise is available in most of Texas.

• millworkman
    10 years ago

My question is why does Kevin256 dig up a 5 year old post, or did I miss something?