Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement Windows in Northern VA

Posted by jend1979 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 28, 09 at 14:30

I live in Alexandria VA and am looking to replace 32 windows in my single family home. I have had 4 different companies come out and give me estimates. So far Distinctive Design & Remodeling is in the lead with there Gorell 5100 series window with Grids and 1/2 screens and Eco Master Glass. They qouted me $525 with install, I was wondering is that is a good window/deal? The other 3 companies have all been $650-$900 for a very similiar windows, that all qualify for the tax rebate. I looked up Gorell and found nothing but positive reviews on them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Replacement Windows in Alexandria VA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement Windows in Northern VA

Business started in March 2009. Displays BBB Accredidation on their website but BBB does not list them as Accredited. It appears the business is being run out of a townhouse in a residential neighborhood. I would also contact the Virginia Board for Contractors to verify they are properly licenced and ask for at least 5 references and then call all 5 and ask to come by and view the work. I would also ask to see a copy of their insurance certificate and then call the agent to verify the policy.

Also be aware that the failure rate for new contractors in Virginia is over 95% just in the first 5 years and that 95% of those that make it for 5 years are out of business by 10 years. Other than that, that's a pretty good price.

o
RE: Replacement Windows in Northern VA

I would check out these two discussion boards. They have been great sources of information in my search and seem to get alot of activity.

http://www.vinyl-replacement-windows.com/forum/index.php

http://www.replacement-windows.com/windowbb/index.php

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here