Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what color shutters should I do or should I do shutters at all?

Posted by knvc (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 27, 09 at 13:55

Hi,
Please see the picture of my house. I am contemplating whether I should do shutters or not. If I do shutters what color should I do?
I don't have blinds up yet but don't know if it looks good without the shutters when the blinds are up on left and right side windows.

I was also thinking maybe I should do shutters only on center block.

Any suggestions?

Home pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what color shutters should I do or should I do shutters at al

You should be able to photoshop some shutters on there to give your self an idea of what it may look like. Or even print the picture out and lay some hand made shutters on top of the photo to get some idea (crude i know).

I think you would not want shutters

o

I am not sure how to add a picture to a post, i read the instructions but i still have no idea. I used photoshop to add shutters to that picture.

o
RE: re:what color shutters should I do or should I do shutters at

Ok i think this might work, check the link

Here is a link that might be useful: House with shutters

o

thanks for the suggestions on photoshop. I did add the shutters in paint but we're still not decided if we need shutters for all or center or no windows.
Enclosing pictures with shutters on all of them and shutters on center block.
Also, we're thinking of matching the door color with the color of the shutter.
Any opnions?

shutters only on center

All shutters

As for adding picture to the post, I uploaded the picture to tinypic.com and pasted the html link.

o

I don't think the house needs shutters, but if you decide to go with them I would say black. It's a great classic look with brick. Black door too.

o

Shutters should be able to close together (or look as if they could) at the center of the window, otherwise they look silly. I would definitely not put shutters on your house. The style is not compatible with shutters, and there is no way you can get shutters big enough to look like they would cover the windows. Your house is stylish enough by itself without adding outside window treatments.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here