Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Castle Windows review

Posted by gwenrick (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 13:38

Castle windows dont make their own window as they claim, its actually made by soft lite buts its soft lite's lower end window. Is this true?
Castle also tells customers that they replace lots of other brands with their window. For example, if castle stops by for an estimate and you tell the salesman you saw and liked brand YXZ, he will tell you all they do is replace brand xyz due to seal failures with their castle windows. What a bunch of lies.
They also talk about their great life time warranty. Most companies have good warranties, the best warranty is the one you will never use, not the one castle gives you in my opinion.
Anyone have more insight on castle and sleazy sales tactics? They try and force you to sign a contract on the spot with all kinds of so called discounts before anyone has a chance to see a better window.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Castle Windows review

I believe you are 100% correct. Castle uses a window by Soft Lite called Barrington which is Soft Lite's lower end offering. It even uses a Tin Plated Spacer System which is what alot of cheaply made windows use.
I also hear that Castle uses low paid sub contractors which means you never quite know how the install will be. I see lots of people falling for their warranty bs and their sleazy sales tactics that their salesman use such as replacing window "brand XYZ " as you stated above due to seal failures ect.., how they get away with this is a mystery. Yet customers continue to fall for " this deal is only good for tonight".

This post was edited by mmarse1 on Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 14:13

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here