Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nutty Bids

Posted by nerdyshopper (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 3, 10 at 13:29

I wonder if installing windows has an effect on the intelligence of installers. I have had bids from several local window installers and when I tell them I want the top of the line model with the best possible insulating glazing, they all have bid for lower lines of their windows. I have had to call three or more times and still they don't get it. I am reasonably intelligent and can read manufacturers sites on the net so I know what I am asking for. Why at these guys all so thick headed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nutty Bids

Why would you keep calling the same installers if they cannot even follow instructions on what to quote? What makes you believe they will be able to follow directions and install your new windows properly?

o

This reminds me of someone trying to make a person who speaks another language understand what they mean by saying it louder and slower.

I'd spend my time talking to a contractor who sells to a more unscale, intelligent clientle and understand what they want and also carries the better products.

o

You must understand, there are no more installers in our community. I have called 5 with same results. That is why I am wondering if they all just don't know their products or if something else is wrong.

o

Try contacting the manufacturer and see if they can suggest anyone. If not, it sounds as if you are going to get a "bubba" installation too. Rather than that, I'd spend my time educating myself as to correct install methods and then either do it yourself or at least know exactly how it should be done so you are able to supervise "bubba". Have you tried talking to any of your neighbors to see who they use for home improvement projects?

o

I don't know where you live but maybe you need to look in a surrounding community for an installer, there has to be someone that either you can find or is recommended by a supplier that can install what you want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here