Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chipster_2007

Which is a Better Window: Soft Lite Imperial LS or Serious Window

chipster_2007
14 years ago

I would appreciate your evaluation and any experience you have had with these 2 windows: Soft Lite Imperial LS or the Serious Window 600 Series Quantum 2 Window. The differences that I can see is that this Serious window, although a double pane window, has a clear membrane in the middle which I guess can be considered a third pane of glass without the weight. The window is insulated with kripton gas vs argon for the double pane Soft Lite. They use a double steel space system (used for strength and durability) vs kevlar at the meeting rails for strength and the well know Super Spacer system for the Soft Lite. Their glass comes from ppg. They, (Serious) rate this window as an R- 10. I have called them to find out about the windows DP rating, but they could not tell me at the time. The window I am told is accepted by the AAMA but is not have a "Gold" Certification as does the Soft Lite. Does this really mean anything? The guarantees appear to be the same. Would appreciate your assist. Thanks