o
Simonton hopper window questions

Posted by james_007 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 12:25

Simonton has three lines of hopper window to the public:
1. Prism by Simonton, Platinum;
2. Simonton Reflections, 5500;
3. VantagePointe - The Home Depot;

Because I want to install those small basement hopper windows by myself, I may not be able to get VantagePointe windows from HD. So I have few questions for experts here about those vinyl basement windows:
1. For above Reflection line and Prism line, which one is good for me? I am a homeowner in Boston area.
2. My openings are 32"X16" and current installed window sizes are about 31.25"X14.50". I think I can make the openings to 32"x16" again during the process removing the existing windows. My poured concrete basement is not finished yet and it should be no problem with this. So the new window size should be 31.25" x 14.50" again, or 31.25" x 14.75" or, 31.25" x 14.25"? I mean what's size I should tell the dealer when I put the order?
3. If I installed them by myself, do I still have normal warranty as installed by contractor? I am a handyman and I am sure I can install them properly.
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Simonton hopper window questions

For all intents and purposes...they are all the same window.

Typical cut back deductions for width and height are about 1/4" off the width and the height.

This is certainly something that a handyman skill level can handle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here