Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fiberglass framed windows

Posted by luvthewest (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 28, 09 at 12:20

Has anyone used a fiberglass framed window? Thoughts? Worth the money? I am looking at Serious Windows.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fiberglass framed windows

Nice product. Marvin makes the nicest pultrusions in my opinion. Serious has some nice super efficient options though.

o

Thanks for the comment. And, you're right, Serious is supposed to be super efficient, but I'll have another look at Marvin - I do like Marvin windows.

o

I looked @ Marvin Infinity & Integrity, Milgard Ultra, and Pella Impervia.

I ended up with a mix of Marvin windows. Marvin clad awnings, Marvin Integrity wood clad and 2 Marvin all ultrex. I had some issues with the standard sizing of the Marvin Integrity so I got the Marvin clad but I really did think hands down the were the best looking of them all.

The Miguards just looked cheap, the Pella Impervia look like an unfinished product and the Marvin Infinity were nice but did not seem as sturdy as the Infinity wood clad.

I browsed for for windows from vinyl to wood for about 8 months. If I passed a place I hadn't been to before I would stop in and look if I liked what I saw I got a quote I found home shows were the best way to compare all the windows pretty much side-by-side.

o

Marvin has probably the nicest window but simplest pultrusion(sorry windowsonwashington). The Serious and other Canadian windows have far superior DP values than Marvin which I think is something like a DP35 tops. Others start at a DP55. Aesthetics yes, performance no. So now you have to think of why you are changing your window.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here