Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gorrell or polaris

Posted by duk748 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 11 at 12:04

hello - i have finally come down to 2 companies - gorrell or polaris after reading through most of the posts here - i need just one other thing that would separate these 2 & i will be going w/ that one - thank you for all your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gorrell or polaris

Both are pretty good windows.Base your decision on the company you think will do the best install.

o

What models are you comparing inside of each brand. That will have much to do with what the recommendations are.

Ex. If you are comparing the 5300 to the ValuSmart from Polaris, the Gorell gets the nod. If you are comparing the UltraWeld to the 5100, the Polaris gets the nod there.

Both are good companies though as sky mentioned.

o

hello again & thank you for the replies - it would be the top of the line in each case - i am leaning towards the polaris becuse i have not heard much mentioned about regency windows (nearest gorrell dealer to me) as an installer or how they compare in price to the polaris - the polaris dealer is a small firm that has its own installers & no sub contractors - thank you again

o

The a polaris ultra is a solid product..very well designed. And very energy efficient. That's my personal choice but either would make you happy.

o

+1

UltraWeld gets the nod in my opinion as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here