Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FiberFrame or THV Compozit - thoughts?

Posted by jasonmolinari (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 11:44

In speaking to my window guy, after i told him we didn't care for the glossyness of Vinyl, he offered up FiberFrame fiberglass windows or THV Compozit windows.

I can find precious little information regarding the quality of these windows.
Anyone have any opinions, thoughts, concerns. Looking at them vs. Marvin Infinity windows both for cost concerns as well as the option to use laminated glass for better STC performance.

appreciate any thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FiberFrame or THV Compozit - thoughts?

The best composite i have seen thus far is a window called Starmark that is made by okna windows. I have yet to see another composite window that looks nicer or is more air tight.

o

The THV uses a cellular composite material and while I am a fan, there are more proven executions of that material.

Starmark is one that comes to mind and is a well vetted and reviewed product.

What window was he offering as the "Fiber" frame?

o

Thanks WoW.

I'll have to see if Starmark is available in Atlanta.

The Fiber frame are Comfort Line by Fiberframe:

http://www.fiberframe.com/Home.aspx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here