Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nemthespian

urgent windows help needed asap!!

nemthespian
9 years ago

My fianc� and I are completely renovating a home built in 1890 that we just purchased. We are going to replace the windows in chunks... the first chunk is 7. ((6) double-hungs and (1) 40x48 picture window.) We have had MANY places offer us quotes. The two that stuck out were Pace Windows and Doors out of Victor, NY and Lowes out of Auburn NY.

We signed with Pace and Lowes came back with a lower price (it seems with everything included) and we have 3 days to cancel the contract. Lowes is somewhere in the $3800 ballpark for Reliabilt 3500 Series windows with sash insulation, grids, a lifetime warranty, and wrapping on the exterior.

Pace quoted us $4500 for the same in their Platinum Series of windows.

We are concerned about the difference in quality. But we cant really put our finger on -what- is different. Pace seems so much like Salesmen and they are so pushy it makes me feel like they are pulling one over on us... Whereas Lowes makes us nervous with the quality of their window, the subcontracted installation (we DID meet the installer, who seems competent...), and the fact that they don't handle the warranty, they outsource it back to the manufacturer...

Help! Today is my third day and I have to decide!!

Thoughts?!?!

Comments (3)