Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anderson, Pella, Harvey, Marvin windows?

Posted by mbarstow (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 4, 09 at 10:49

Anyone have an opinion of which company makes the best window? We just installed 4 Harvey double-hung windows and are quite pleased with them. But friends also installed 4 new Andersons that look just as good, same price--$400 each (30'' x 52''). If we replace all our windows we are looking at over 30 windows, so it will takes us 3 to 5 years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anderson, Pella, Harvey, Marvin windows?

All of these companies make many different window models as does Harvey Industries. It is usually pointless to compare them without choosing specific models. However, if you are interested in general prejudices, I try to avoid Harvey and won't have anything to do with Pella.

o

One thing you are going to want to do is double check the warrenties on all the products there is a lot of fine print. All those company state lifetime warrenties but who determines the lifetime. Their lawyers do and tehat is the problem with those companies. 1 biggest exclusion is going to be improper installation. what is your exterior home made of? Brick, t-111 etc etc. this is going to determine what kind of install should be done weather it be finned or finless. if it is going to be a finless then all those companies would not have a warrenty. because the contractor would slice off the fins which is legally considered improper installs

o

I replaced my DH windows with inserts last year. Initially I looked at Marvin, Pella, and Andersen and decided that Marvin was the best look/quality. But then I got the price and decided to consider the alternatives. Looked at Harvey but just didn't like the quality of the construction - though they were considerably less money. Ended up going with Andersen and have been happy with them - less money than Marvin and better quality than Harvey.

o

Has anyone ever dealt with Plumb Fiberglass Windows and Doors?

o

I was curious how you made out with you window replacement decision. I am currently looking at andersen tilt-wash replacement and deciding on 400 or 200 series.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here