Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheila512

New windows-Marvin Integrity

Sheila Medford
10 years ago

Just wanted to post pics of my new windows. I think they look great!
I used Marvin Integrity wood/ultrex on the front of my house-all ultrex on the back. Cashmere color.

Comments (20)

• HomeSealed
    10 years ago

Very nice, the Integrity is a well made window :)

• mmarse1
    10 years ago

Looks nice. The Wood integrity is nice, the integrity that is all ultrex/ fiberglass is so cheap looking. The Infinity is nice looking.
    Anyway, your home looks nice.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

Looks very nice.

Thanks for the update.

• Sheila Medford
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a pic of my ugly all ultrex :)
    I know the general consensus is that the all ultrex is an ugly window but I don't mind them. My main priorities for a window were:
    1. Available in a color for the outside and white on the inside. I don't love bright white windows against brick-just a personal preference.
    2. SDL's with grids on the outside-I don't care for the grids between the glass look-again just a personal preference.

With the Marvin Integrity I was able to use the wood/ultrex on the front of my house for maximum curb appeal and use the less expensive all ultrex on the back.

• Sheila Medford
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another of the all ultrex

• Sheila Medford
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And one more of my exterior which I just love!

• millworkman
    10 years ago

Very nice, and thank you for responding back with feedback and pictures as it is always nice to see the finished product!

• PRO
    10 years ago

Great updates.

I don't think anyone is claiming the all Ultrex is mud ugly on the interior, more like it is the less attractive sister compared to the wood Ultrex on the interior.

On the outside, they are identical and both solid windows.

• cocogrovemom
    10 years ago

Could you post an interior picture?
    Thanks!

• Sheila Medford
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sure-
    Here is an interior shot of the wood/ultrex.
    They are so pretty that I am bummed that they all face the street and have to be covered up! Also 2 are "wasted" in my garage! But I am getting so many compliments on my exterior that it is worth it.

• Sheila Medford
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a pic of the all ultrex.
    Definitely plainer but I don't mind them. Once I get my window treatments up I am sure I won't notice.

• Sheila Medford
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One more all ultrex with obscure glass

• mmarse1
    10 years ago

If you compare the integrity all ultrex to the infinity, there is absolutely no comparison, the infinity is much nicer looking and also built more solidly.
    The fiberglass on the infinity is a higher/ stronger guage than the integrity all ultrex and also better designed.
    The air leakage rate on the marvin ultrex is very high although the Infinity is pretty high as well.
    Higher end vinyl would have given you more structural integrity, a colored exterior, SDL grids, and much better energy efficiency than either of the Marvin's.

This post was edited by mmarse1 on Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 20:16

• amber_windows
    10 years ago

I am sorry, but were are you getting your facts regarding air leakage, and the durability of ultrex in comparison to vinyl?

• mmarse1
    10 years ago

High end vinyl has much BETTER air leakage rates than both the all ultrex marvin and the infinity; thats a fact. I was also saying the Infinity is a much nicer looking windownthan the all ultrex marvin amd also better designed although Infinty has a much higher air leakage rate than a high end vinyl such as Okna, Soft Lite, Sunrise,Affinity Ultra ,or Gorell.
    If someone doesnt want high end vinyl they can look at a high end composite such as Starmark Windows.

• PRO
    10 years ago

I think they look really nice.

mmarse has an engineer's brain so he is hardcore on the numbers.

The project turned out nice and kudos to you for researching and getting a nice project.

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

Sheila, Your windows are beautiful!

• jessie21
    10 years ago

Sheilam, I know this is an older thread but I'm hoping you'll still see my post. Wanted to thank you for posting these pics of your beautiful windows! We have been struggling (for years!!) with what replacement windows we should buy and are strongly considering the Integrity line. I have a few questions/comments.

First, because of other members' comments, just wanted to mention that although I like the look of Infinity windows, they are strictly replacement inserts and from what I've seen in the showroom, I would lose a LOT of glass with that window...a major concern for me since I'm used to our old anderson narrowlines. They are also more expensive. Also, Integrity all altrex and wood/ultrex are not exactly identical on the outside. The all ultrex lack the little ledge of material where the glass meets the stiles and rails that add depth and that would make SDL possible. Glass is kind of flush with the all ultrex. This doesn't bother me, just a clarification, in case it might help others.

My questions:
    Did you do full rip outs or insert installation?

Did you find a big difference in price between the all ultrex and wood ultrex? We've been considering doing the same thing you did but haven't priced them out yet to see if we would really save.

For your wood/ultrex windows, did they do a factory paint job on them or did you paint them?

Interestingly, except for the fact that you can only get between the glass grids with them, I actually prefer the "ugly" all ultrex windows....they are nice and narrow and simple. The wood ones have the top rail that juts out instead of any kind of lift hardware and a larger "thing" across the bottom.

But I don't mean to dis your windows at ALL. I think they look fabulous and I will probably end up with mostly wood/ultrex, as a couple of my windows are kind of obvious, featured ones on the interior that need grids. One big triple in front and a big double in back.

Thanks again, your windows look great and your pics are so helpful!

• Sheila Medford
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jessie21-
    So glad to help-I agonized for so long over my windows/siding project. When the siding started to fall off my house-I was finally forced into making decisions!
    We did inserts? The interior moldings were untouched so I am assuming that's what they were.
    Looking over my receipt it looks like I paid $381 for an all ultrex 33x70 window(no grid) A similarly sized wood/ultrex with a 6 over 1 SDL w/ spacer was $593.
    The wood/ultrex and the all ultrex have the factory finished cashmere exterior and white interior.
    I have to say I love my windows! My house really does look great.

This post was edited by sheilam512 on Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 21:54