Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_zone6

Okna vs Sunrise vs Marvin

sandra_zone6
10 years ago

Have looked at a few more options. This is for 17 double hung windows, 2 sliding glass patio doors, 2 picture windows which are solid glass flanked by double hungs. My house currently has stained interior trim throughout and off-white exterior trim. All quotes include between glass grids. I am in CT and currently have single pane glass windows set in aluminum tracks with aluminum trimmed storms.

Sunrise Verde:
$25,990.00 includes a woodgrain interior, off-white exterior to match current trim. I could save about 4 - 5K if I go white on white. These windows include the Solar Clean glass, Solar 12 insulation and Opti-View screen on all but patio doors. This installation does not affect interior or exterior trim. U-Factor of .28.

Okna 500 series:
$19,469.00 with a white interior/exterior. Matching trim outside adds on 160.00 per window with another 160.00 if I opt for a colored interior to sort of match current stained woodwork. This installation includes replacing rotted sills and wrapping exterior trim with aluminum. These windows have a u-factor of .25. I met with the manager of this company, not a sales-rep, he recommends going with white on white and pocketing the extra. Still not sure how I feel about white windows with stained trim.

Marvin Infinity:
$34,650.00 for Ultrex with Everwood interior that I would need to stain, colored exterior to match my trim. I can drop this down to $29,812.00 if I opt for a white interior. These windows have a u-factor of .30. These are beautiful windows, but not for us; I can't afford them.

I also looked at both Anderson Woodwright and Anderson 400 Series Tilt-Wash. Those windows were white on/White, not as efficient, more expensive than the installed prices of the Okna but did not include installation. so are also not for us.

Honest opinions on Sunrise Verde vs Okna 500? I know the Okna 800 series is highly spoken of, adds on a price as well. The Okna person, from a top 500 installer, said the 500 series is their best selling window in the Okna line, He also sells JELD-WEN, Marvin and a slew of other windows - this is the one he likes.

Honest opinion on white windows surrounded by dark trim inside?

Comments (2)