Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amerimax windows pricing

Posted by hk-san-diego (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 15, 09 at 8:40

Hi

I have 2 60 X 70 bedroom and two sliding glass doors in back
90 x 78 80 x 78 . Single story stucco / flat ground home.

High performance glass ,4 at $5460 installed + a $1500 tax credit. Does this sound right ,,, or the big bend over .

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amerimax windows pricing

Follow up - that's vinyl white , custom size / high performance ( I think everything is custom sized on older homes ) .

o

I really can't understand what you have gotten a quote on. It looks like it's 2 60x80 Sliding doors. What's 90x78 and 80x78?

o

Hi

I have 2 60" X 70" sliding bedroom windows and two sliding glass doors in back
one is 90" x 78" # 2 is 80" x 78" white vinyl high performance glass No white trim / grid . Single story stucco / flat ground home. Its all Chinese to me

o

If those measurements on the doors are correct, then you are being quoted a price on 2 custom doors which typically cost about 50% more for the door. Based on that alone that is a very good price. Additionally those window are likely gong to require tempered glass which which will generally add about $6.00 per square foot to the glass. I'd say that's a very reasonable price.

o

So far everyone I know has had custom windows " sizes ".
Either all my friends have old odd homes or the custom line is just a marketing scam . Other sources I called seemed to think the price is fare . Thanks

o

Custom doors and custom windows are 2 different items. Most replacement windows are custom. Most doors are not. In your case the doors are. That's what makes them a higher price.

o

Sounds high. Get some more quotes.

o

2 custom sized doors and 2 standard sized doors, all 4 for $5460 installed into stucco and you don't think that's an excellent price? Please tell me where I could get a better deal than that. I have been in the window and door business for over 20 years and I'd like to know where you shop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here