Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anderson 100s dark bronze - pictures anyone?

Posted by soesoe75 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 12, 10 at 2:26

Does anyone have Anderson 100 series windows in dark bronze? We are supposed to be installing this window in our new construciton. The color was described as being almost black however the sample I was just given is quite brown - it's less dark than the bronze other companies make.

I'm nervous the windows are going to look 70s brown. Our home is supposed to be contemporary and I wanted black or almost black window frames.

Has anyone used this new color yet, pictures would be great!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anderson 100s dark bronze - pictures anyone?

While I am not that familiar with the Andersen Bronze color, I am familiar with the fact that colors especially dark colors generally do not show up very true in a picture. I would get ahold of the company your buying them thru and have them get you at the very least a corner sample. Further more I would be very surprised if they did not at least have a corner sample in their showroom.

o

if you buy that product..make sure they give you alot of touch up paint...I had seen many of these windows and there so called "fibrex" materials, limited sizes and colors...from the inside these windows look very poor as far as detail and design compared to others out there...Anderson customer support has been a nightmare for me time after time..

o

lcsanjose, I compared this window to the Marvin Ultrex and found it's apprearance to be comprable inside and out. They look much nicer than the vinyl products I considered. I'm really just looking for information on the actual dark bronze color (it's new).
Thx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here