Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Window 'Slide Locks'

Posted by thenewguy_2010 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 23:32

Okay, so I've got a rough idea of what I'm looking for, and I'm really hoping someone here can help me out. I'm currently renting an older, midwest home (built in the late 1920s I think), and all of the storm windows have these small, white plastic "slide locks" on the lower right and left corners that you "slide" towards the center of the window so that you can raise it up. Releasing the locks to have it click into a notch to stay raised.

I've been searching my local hardware and "big box" stores to try to find replacements for these things because about half of them are broken (and the landlord doesn't seem too concerned). The closest thing I've found is something like this: but it doesn't look 100% the same. So... Can anyone tell me what these things are called, or where I can find some to buy and put into the storm windows to fix the broken ones?


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Window 'Slide Locks'

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here