Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blondelle_gw

Anderson window repair?

blondelle
12 years ago

I have 4 large Anderson casement windows. Was told they are 4C light or something like that. Large windows about 85" and 63" high and 4 crank out windows in each. The wood frames on the windows are warped and the cranks are shot and the frame around them has some rotted areas as the windows were never capped. There's about an 1" gap in places when you close the window. Not great in a NY winter. I don't see why the frames can't be planed down to close just like you do with a door whose wood has swelled. Had two window repair places come out and tell me no dice.

The windows are over 25 years old. Guess nothing lasts forever but they have been tearing down houses on my block after they are sold so I'm reluctant to put money into the house which is over seven figures as I don't think I will get it back in resale. Land is worth more than the structure.

Time for new windows, or is there anything I can do? Don't even mind pulling them shut with handles. Been quoted from $7,000 - $8,000 to replace. Thanks!

Comments (2)