Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Andersen Window at HD

Posted by swesna (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 1, 10 at 20:34

what what what...andersen came out with a new window...and it is aluminum clad...maybe it is based on one of the other companies they own. Not sure what the specs are but the tilt in latch is built into the locking mechanism which is better than pella.

Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Andersen Window at HD

they are called a-series

i have been torn between andersen and marvin for months...i think the marvin ultimate are the best but the cost is high. I can get a full optioned windows in woodwrights for 7k compared to marvin ulti for 12k.

hopefully these a-series are better than pella architect series.

o

went to the andersen website and see that these windows are made of fibrex. I am a little scared of that product. I like the pics of the marvin ultrex where they have a boy hanging from a stick of it. That seems strong...they make no mention of the durability of fibrex at least it was not obvious.

it did look decent though.

o

For what it's worth, we liked the Marvin Ultimate but couldn't justify the cost. We were going to go with the Andersen Woodwright until the A-series came on the market. In my opinion, it is a nicer window and we'll be ordering ours soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here