Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Value Vinyl Windows

Posted by jpstuart (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 18:51

We are currently building a home in the Carolinas and are on a tight budget. Can anyone recommend a good quality vinyl window that is moderately priced? Our budget is about $150-$200 per window for a standard-size double-hung.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Value Vinyl Windows

$150-$200 is not moderately priced for a good quality vinyl window. The only thing you will find in that price range is junk which you will be replacing in the near future when the vinyl warps.

o

+1

Can't think of anything worth having in that range.

o

that budget is absolutely ridiculous.

o

For that number the only thing I believe you will find would be low end single hung windows and that pricing would be for a fairly small size as well.

o

You may be able to get some Simonton's or Soft-Lite's in the upper end of that range depending on size and options.Typically standard sized windows are only in box stores and are of lower quality.I wam assuming this price range is for the window only and no install.Shop around, prices will vary.

o

toddinmn...thank you for the feedback. Yes, the price range reflects windows only and no install. I'll check out Simonton. I have heard good things about that brand.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here