Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debstinydogs

Anyone Familiar with Park Avenue Vinyl windows?

hubbabubba44
12 years ago

We are considering getting Park Avenue Vinyl replacement windows - the triple pane with Krypton gas in them. Would so appreciate anyone's help with knowing if they're a good product.

I have read elsewhere that contractor's don't like the pocket sill, even though it is a snap-on slope, but I don't really understand the reason why they don't like it.

Also, considering Gorell 5300's.

Can anyone comment?

Comments (5)

• skydawggy
    12 years ago

We don't like it because it uses the interior of the frame to drain water, pollen dirt and bugs. We also don't like weep holes because they are a conduit for air infiltration. Park Avenue is Ok but Gorell is a better window. There are just simply better built windows that offer a better value for the money.

• hubbabubba44
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Skydawggy - what is the preferred way for the water to get out, if there are no weep holes? Thank you for responding - it is very helpful!

What window do you like personally?

Does anyone else have anything to share on the Park Avenues?

• skydawggy
    12 years ago

If a window doesn't have a snap in sill, then it has a solid sloped sill and it drains water naturally the way a wood window does. Some of the brands I like are made by Sunrise, Okna and Soft-lite. There are other good brands, but these are solid windows with very good performance ratings.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    12 years ago

+1

Weep holes = more air infiltration and potential for water infiltration.

Go with the Gorell or look at the windows that Sky mentioned (Sunrise, Okna, Gorell, Soft-Lite).

• mmarse1
    12 years ago

A snap in sloped sill drains water conventionally like a regular slope but also through the frame whichi is a bad idea. That's why a snap in slope sill is just as bad as a pocked sill. Some salesman think a snap in sloped is just as good as a welded sloped..not true.. Again, a snap in slope does drain conventionally but also through the frame..it's just a bad/ cheap design.
    You want a true welded sloped sill. Okna, Polaris, gorell, and Sunrise offer true welded sloped sills.