Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldmaids

cost of marvin integrity vs infinity windows

oldmaids
17 years ago

I am looking for feedback on per window cost for replacement double hung marvin integrity vs infintiy windows.

We just got 18 windows put in, I was sure that the window they showed me had a "paintable" wood like interior.

the windows they installed have vinyl interiors.

We are paying $752/window.

I have a bad feeling that I got taken for a ride, but would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks, Carol

Comments (12)

• calbay03
    17 years ago

Hi Carol,

Are you installing "New Construction Window" or are you using "Replacement Window"? Replacement means leaving the framing and replacing just the window hardware. Does the price include installation?

The Integrity, when we looked at it two years ago, came in bare wood for staining or factory-primed white for you to paint.

I do not have exact data but have some numbers for comparisons. We got Marvin Ultimate two years ago. A 36" x 48" Ultimate (AL clad outside and bare wood inside) Double-Hung new construction was $430 in CA. Installation cost was $300 for a total of $730 per Dbl-Hung of that size in that opening. Allowing for inflation, the price today may run up to $803 per window, installation included.

We were told then that the Integrity would normally be cheaper than the ultimate but beacuse we wanted the Ultimate, we never asked for an estimate for the Integrity.

Hope this helps a little.

• johntk
    17 years ago

Carol,
    I'm not sure what part of country you are in, but in central NC, I just placed an order for 36 Marvin Integrity windows (new construction) with prices ranging from $283 each (Double Hung 2'0" x 4'0", wood Ultrex, with screens, GBG, and prefinished white interior) to $412 for DH 3'0" x 6'0". Marvin dealer quoted $65 each to install, but I will be having my framer do that. The interior is wood with fiberglass exterior, and when wife saw them in showroom, they became a "must have".

• norcalbl
    17 years ago

Marvin Integrity is a wood/ultrex (fiberglass) window. Infinity is an all ultrex (fiberglass) double hung which includes installation in it's price. Maybe you were confused by the Integrity's paintable wood finish, when in fact you bought the Infinity? They are both made by Marvin.

• selb
    17 years ago

Calbay03. How in the world do you have time to sell Marvin windows when you are constantly on this website posing as a homeowner? You claim you had your "Marvin" Windows installed 2 years ago, but youve been saying that for 2 years.
    Anyway, Marvin is a nice product, but we prefer Andersen.

• loomis
    17 years ago

I purchased Marvin's Infinity windows about one year ago, and the price you quote is in the ballpark, for our windows, plus installation, were about $650. Allowing for inflation, for I know we got them just before a price increase, your price seems about right. The Infinity is an all fiberglass window, and it could be painted, but why in the world would you want to when it's such a miserable job? This is precisely the reason I got it. It LOOKS like wood, but I'll never have to paint it.

I'm not sure which window you have, but what I can tell you is that Marvin makes a good window, and all my research on the web seemed to indicate they stand behind their products.

I, too, wondered, as you are now, whether my decision was wise or whether I paid a fair price. But now that they're in and I have seen how well they perform in our New England climate, I don't for for one moment regret my decision to buy them.

• mike06
    17 years ago

Infinity Windows by Marvin are made of Ultrex fiberglass. They come with an optional engineered wood finish called Everwood. Everwood can be stained or painted to match interior wood work. When properly stained and sealed they look just like real woodÂnot kidding. Infinity windows come standard with white Ultrex fiberglass interiors. If your interior is white vinyl, and not Ultrex fiberglass, then you need to question the person you bought them from. If it is a vinyl interior, you have been taken.

If it is Ultrex fiberglass, then it means they installed a standard Infinity window. If you wanted the Everwood interior, it needed to be ordered with the windows as an option. Check your contract and make sure they didnÂt quote you an Infinity window with the optional Everwood interior. If they quoted you an Everwood interior and you didnÂt get it you should try to get some money back.

In the endÂyou still have a great window.

• irene_windows
    17 years ago

Johntk. I am in VA but built a custome house in NC last year - then had to sell it before moving in. I really liked the tradesmen down there and am willing to source from there over the Northern VA area. Feel like nothing but snake oil salesmen dealing winodws here. Could you give the contact details of your supplier on the Marvins? If I can't get a comparable price here - I will come to NC and pick them up.

• newgardner_nc
    15 years ago

irene_windows:
    My window search has become very frustrating; I really would appreciate if you can share with me the contact details of your supplier on the Marvins in NC? We are also planning to build in NC. Johntk, if you see this post can you please respond.
    You can write to me at search4ps@hotmail.com
    Thanks in advance to both irene_windows and johntk
    Newbee

• irene_windows
    14 years ago

Newgardner,

Sorry - the house in NC had MW. I think john got his from a building supplier that is not HD or Lowes. I know that in Northern Virginia where I now live - I can get marvin from Stock building supply. Just can't get a good measure and installer. Windows come with install instructions - not rocket science but it is important to take care and follow. Before your installers are working - you should read the instructions first and ensure they have all materials needed and don't skip steps. Make sure the flashing is flawless. For the casements replaced in NV - installer sent people who could not read the instructions and they did something that was stated not to do in the instructions. They then argued with me that they knew better than the manufacturer. Hard to find good help.

KC construction framed my house in NC (Spring lake) and installed windows. If I could find him - I would have him up to VA to measure and install the 54 windows I need to replace. There is skill down there that is not present in NV.

• prettylate_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I installed andersen 100 series Fibrexî composite last Dce.2010 leaking the air and condensation around the windows , the ice build up inside the windows. please give me suggestion . what shall I do ? if I talk to my contractor If I can change the windows shall I replace the marvin windows.what kind .Thanks

• AndersenWindows
    12 years ago

mei

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your windows. Before contacting your contractor may I suggest that you call the Andersen Service Department?

That number is 1-888-888-7020. One of the our service agents can help diagnose the problem.

Kim - Andersen Customer Service