Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sgbelverta

Windows & Sliders need to mix and match

sgbelverta
10 years ago

Have 2 large sliders and 2 large windows that both face perfectly south. Live is CA central valley, so hot hot hot on the glass. All storms come from south too. On the sliders, really need to replace with blind inside the glass door. With cats, dogs, humans, etc, I'm spending $200-$300 every 2 years on replacement blinds. That's the cost of a window really soon.

Wood really isn't an option due to upkeep. Blind within glass sliders are very limited. I've found them at Pella (but only in wood), Milgard, Kyler Industries, BgB, Insulseal glass, Soft-Lite Gorell, and BF Rich.

Does anyone know anything about the above companies other than Pella and Milgard?

If I have to go to a different vendor for the doors, if I stay with the same material and style, could I get the windows to more or less match using a more known vendor? Other than washing the windows, no one is likely to get closer than 10 feet from them compared to the sliders.

I know the blind within glass doors aren't as energy efficient, but watching a blind get creamed a couple days after installation by 3 big dogs trying to get out an opening meant for 1 dog is very depressing.

Comment (1)