Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
balsamroot

Best Premium Vinyl Windows for Sun and Snow on West Coast?

balsamroot
9 years ago

I'm new here. We live in eastern WA about 4 hrs from Seattle. Rural area. Cold and snowy in winter and hot and sunny in summer.

We need to replace a large bank of vinyl windows.

I have a gazillion questions, but for now, I'd like to know what the absolute best vinyl window available to us is (again, WA state). Price is not a factor -- we are happy to pay as much as necessary for the best vinyl window.

Main objectives include longevity and trouble-free operation (and warranty I suppose). Of course, appearance is a factor but not as important as the above. We want these windows be last a long time and be as trouble-free and warm as possible.

The local window folks sell Cascade and Milgard Tuscany, but these seem to be midgrade compared to some brands available out east (e.g., Okna 800 and Softlite Elements). Milgard seems better than Cascade but from what I'm reading here, Milgard vinyl windows have had problems lately.

Again for reasons too complicated to go into here, we have to stick with vinyl for this particular bank of windows. Also, the window must be available to us on the west coast and not shipped in from east coast vendors.

Thanks for your insights.

Comments (3)