Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sash adjustment possible for Pella double hung windows?

Posted by tk11 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 8, 09 at 15:59

Hi, I have Pella double hung windows that are approximately 15 years old. They are the old double pane design where the inside pane could be removed to put blinds or mutins between the glass panels. As long as I can remember the sashes on a couple of them do not line up where the window latch is. The lower sash sticks up about 1/4+ inch higher. This creates a problem in the winter. It creates a small dam where a lot of condensation forms that then wicks up between the glass panes. Does anybody know if there is an adjustment to fix this? The windows do open and close fine so I don't think it's a problem with window squareness. I called Pella today and they indicated the windows are no longer in warranty. They want $100/hour to come look at them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here