Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gump_gw

Sunrise sliding patio door

gump
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and would like some advice. I am looking to replace my 25 year old pella sliding patio door to a Sunrise brand. A dealer here in northern NJ quoted me ~ $3400 for a Sunrise sliding door with internal white blinds, ultra-u glass system, installation, disposal of old door, and outside aluminum clad trim finish.

Is this a good or fair price? Seems a bit high to me.

They also sell Provia sliding doors also. Its a few hundred dollars more for same features. Is it worth it?

Comments (10)

• HomeSealed
    11 years ago

Sunrise makes a very nice door, and I know that the blinds can be pricey. The price may or may not be reasonable depending on other factors like size and installation circumstances. They best way to find that out would be to get a couple more quotes. HiMark/Okna and the Softlite Kingsroyal are a couple of other top vinyl choices. The thing that I like about both of those is that they are a fully welded frame, not mechanically fastened.

• EcoStarRemodel
    11 years ago

Ultra -U- Plus glass is not available with internal blinds because it is a soft coat LoE. Sunrise uses a hard coat LoE instead. Soft lite does not offer any LoE glass with mini blinds.

• mmarse1
    11 years ago

Okna make a very nice/ solid patio door with exceptional performance numbers.

• mmarse1
    11 years ago

i never answered your question, 3400 is not a crazy price at all for a high quality vinyl patio door with blinds. a patio door is something where you dont want to compromise on quality.
    i know Okna offers a beautiful patio door with blinds as well as soft lite.
    sunrise does not offer argon or soft coat lowE on a door with internal blinds.

• SomeDayCame
    11 years ago

oops - I meant to say "the doors seemed comparable between the Sunrise and Okna"

• vbhomeowner
    9 years ago

My read of the Sunrise Door from their website (above essentials model) is that it is fully fusion welded, not sure if info provided by homesealed is accurate in that regard.

• PRO
    Ultra Windows
    9 years ago

The door panels are fully welded, but the frame is a "knock down", meaning it has to be assembled at the time of installation. I don't think this is a big deal at all, but some of the pros here disagree.

Sunrise makes a great patio door.

• HomeSealed_WI
    9 years ago

Thanks for the clarification Ultra.
    @vbhomeowner, the panels are welded with the frame being mechanically fastened. It is a very nice door, I just prefer a welded frame if all else is equal.

• vbhomeowner
    9 years ago

Thanks, I get the difference now between both - thanks for the clarification Ultra and Homesealed. In one door window panels are welded but frame is not, in other frame and window panel both are welded. Interesting.