Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jguzz

New Construction window advice please

jguzz
10 years ago

Hello Everyone,
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this. I have been attempting to educate myself on windows over the past several weeks. My wife and I are building a new home with a very large window package - approximately 67 windows throughout basement to the 2nd floor. After extensive research, we have decided to go with Marvin Integrity casement windows. We live in Hermitage PA,16148 - which is an energy star North Zone, or an IECC 5A zone. The back of our house will be facing NW. Here are is a photo of the rear elevation of our home. I have attempted to educate myself extensively through these forums to decide on which type of low E coating (2 or 3) to use on the house - and wether this should be different for the different sides of the house. I also was quoted on dual vs tri pane windows - which ended up having roughly a $20,000 difference. I have read so many different things and seen so many different equations to try to calculate if this would ever be worth it, that my head is spinning and I feel like I know just as little as when I first started this journey. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks so much,
John

Comments (4)