Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed on windows

Posted by weta909 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 9, 11 at 14:35

I've quoted three companies, all gave prices on windows from different manufacturers. I went to each manufacturer's website and study the window, however it's still very hard to compare. Please help. Thanks.

All windows are double hung.

SIMONTON 5500 TRIPLE PANE: $5299
ALSIDE EXCALIBOR: $4565
SOFTLITE PRO: $6039
PRODIGY: $6525

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed on windows

Are they all triple pane or just the Simonton? How many windows?

o

Only Simonton is triple pane. 11 windows in total.

Got another quote on SOFTLITE PRO of $5200.

o

Not familiar with Prodigy and Alside will get no love here, I would go with the Simontons.The Pro's do come with more and better standard features, if these features are important to you may want to go to the Pro's cause they will bring the price of the Simonton up a bit.It would cost around a grand to upgrade thre Pro's to there least expensive triple pane option. The Pro's will also have better air infiltration numbers.That being said I like the Pro better, but withe triple pane the Simonton comes out on top.I would suggest looking at these windows in person before buying.

o

+1

I am with Todd on this one. That is a pretty darn good price too.

o

I'd go with the Simonton out of that grouping.

o

Do all the windows have a similar warranty?

o

Nearly all manufacturers offer lifetime warranties. The problem is that many times warranties are written by corporate lawyers to protect the manufacturer from paying any claims. Warranty Service people are often paid to find a reason not to pay a claim ie. normal wear and tear structural settling, improper installation, industry tolerances, delivery fees, processing fees, shipping and handling, labor fees etc.

Or they just wear the consumer down until they just give up.

The best warranty is proper research BEFORE you buy.

o

+1.

Great advice right there Sky.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here