Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alpine Windows

Posted by brodyandkyrasmom (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 14:31

I need some quick feedback on Alpine Windows (Alside Window Company). We have a meeting with our contractor tomorrow. The head guy is coming back to fix the problems that the other guy left behind. I've since realized that the "other guy" wasn't very smart or truthful so I'm going back over everything he did. One of the things he changed was our windows. Ours were delayed and he said that he found some that were available now, and that they were "better windows for less money". If these are bad windows, I need to know before our meeting tomorrow! They are "A272 - 270 series - 2 panel - solid vinyl - double glazed".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alpine Windows

In my and most of the other "window people" on this forums opinion Alside windows are at the bottom of the food chain as far as quality in both construction and performance.

o

Oh, that's just wonderful : ( How bad are they? Luckily, we don't live in a cold or wet area but we do get lots of wind. What kind of problems will we have?

o

We would never sell an Alside Window because we care about our customers and we want them to continue to like us. Alside gets so much negative feedback that they create names like Alpine, Berkshire, Revere, Signature, Apex etc...etc... To hide the fact that they are the real manufacturer. Inconsistent quality and higher than average air leakage are common on Alside windows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here