Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
radhaks_gw

South Florida Impact Windows

radhaks
13 years ago

Hi all,

I have gone thru various threads re So Fla impact windows in the hope of finding a recommendation or mentioning of windows I am considering. No luck...

Can anyone in the area tell me if they have or are familiar with TM WIndows by Florida's Best? They are a locally (Pompano Beach I think) manufactured impact window, to - or, as sales person tells me - beyond, City of Miami codes/standards. However, I do not have a technical non-biased view from anyone (including homeowners who may have these) on the product, its specs or quality. Since Miami Dade standards are met, I guess that should be OK...but also worried about potential issues with chipping paint from frames, etc...things that ruin your windows while they are still technically in-tact.

Thanks for any feedback!

Comments (4)

• fenestration
    13 years ago

Hi
    Little information for your reference:
    As you said, Miami Dade standards is basic requirements for the factory and our customers.
    For future reference, Thermal Break Aluminium Frame is one choice. Firm, environmentdal friendly, easy clean, no fading, long lifespan,no bending,no cracking, colors optional,many curface coating methods such as Anodize, Electrophresis,wood imitation/grain,PVDF etc.
    Wish could offer any help. No news is good news, coin has two faces, so no luck maybe means good luck is coming soon. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/windows/msg0914214112156.html

• fenestration
    13 years ago

Hi
    Little information for your reference:
    As you said, Miami Dade standards is basic requirements for the factory and our customers.
    For future reference, Thermal Break Aluminium Frame is one choice. Firm, environmentdal friendly, easy clean, no fading, long lifespan,no bending,no cracking, colors optional,many curface coating methods such as Anodize, Electrophresis,wood imitation/grain,PVDF etc.
    Wish could offer any help. No news is good news, coin has two faces, so no luck maybe means good luck is coming soon. Good luck!

• Sleepy1105
    11 years ago

I am in the market for impact windows. How can I get the most energy efficiency for the least amount of money? I know argon filled (insulated) vinyl frame with a low e coating is the best, but I can't afford that. Tinting? Double-tinting? Low E coating? Any guidance that could be shared would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

• radhaks
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Sleepy1105 - here in Miami, I did end up getting the TM windows by Florida's Best. My architect has also used these in his own home subsequent to my home renovation. The window quality so far (almost 2 years in) seems fine...no issues, except that my contractor banged them up pretty badly when installing them, so there are chips in the paint throughout - THIS IS MY CONTRACTOR FAULT, NOT THE MANUFACTURER OR INSTALLERS BY MANUFACTURER. BUT, the if the salesperson's team installs (which is what I did subsequently on 1 window and what my architect & other acquaintances did), it's perfect!! They had also fixed some other contractor installation issues subsequent to contractor install - which was really great. So...while I cant give technical advice, the windows were approved by Miami Dade hurricane standards at the time and I am happy with them so far. Let me know if you need a sales person contact info. Info on the manufacturer is:http://www.floridasbestwindow.com/