Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ericamd_gw

Cost of Infinity Slider

Ericamd
10 years ago

Hi There,

I accidentally posted this in the home repair area.
I recently got a price on a 60x80 Infinity by Marvin Slider.
$2100 installed.

Can you please let me know if that is good.

Thanks

Comments (10)

• HomeSealed
    10 years ago

I assume that is a sliding patio door? If so, that is a VERY aggressive (ie:low) price. Around here a regular Infinity double hung window can reach $1500.
    If you like the product and you are confident in this installation company, it will be hard to beat that price.

• Ericamd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you!

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

+1

That is normally a $3,000 door, easily, in our market.

Very solid unit and very good looking. Great price you go there.

• Ericamd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks!

Would you say it's a better slider than an Andersen 400 series?
    I was planning on buying a 400 series slider and installing it with a friend.

Going for the Infinity slider with an installer backed lifetime warranty for $2100 might be a better route.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

Andersen makes a nice door as well. Can't go wrong with either there.

• HomeSealed
    10 years ago

+1. Both good doors... The only thing I'd add is that the peace of mind and warranty of a professional are something that I'd strongly consider. That's a very pricey mistake if it is not done properly.

• Ericamd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks. I've never installed a slider. At the same time, I'm not sure how many sliders my friend has installed. He's been into carpentry for around 4 years now.

• Ericamd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I actually think I'd go with the Andersen 200 narrow line if I went with Andersen. I like the profile better. I'm assuming the infinity profile is similar.

I'm assuming the infinity is a much better door than the 200. I could get the 200 for about $2100, but then need to install it myself.

I'm going to an infinity showroom next week to see the infinity in person.

Our whole sunroom is Andersen casements from the late 80's. They are horrible to open, close. I need to work on them.

Would it be weird to mix Andersen with the Infinity?

Thanks

• mmarse1
    10 years ago

If that is a sliding patio door, that is just ridiculously low and i cant fathom how someone can install an infinity door that cheaply. I tend to think its a large 2 lite slider window and not a door.
    If it is a patio door, the contractor will be losing money. That price is just plain silly.

This post was edited by mmarse1 on Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 11:34

• Ericamd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yea....60" infinity patio slider $2100 installed.

I messed up and said the Andersen 200 was $2100...I meant $1200.