Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Simonton (Hinge pin separated from glider)

Posted by agott (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 27, 09 at 13:28

My question is of the same problem listed from an earlier posting on this forum: "Glider/Track Piece Broke on Simonton Window". However, the person's window (Simonton model) is not the same as mine. The part (glider) was described as a "Denny's clip" that needed to be turned 90 degrees counterclockwise in order to unlock the glider from the vertical runner. Mine does not contain this clip, but a U-shaped, plastic grip. I have taken pictures, but do not know how to include them in this forum. I have checked the box that will allow copies of responses to be emailed to me. I can reply to those emails and include the 2 pictures (640 x 480). Please help if you can. My Simonton windows came with 10 year warranty which has expired. I have been less than satisfied with the service from the local distributor. Any advice or tip will be most appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Simonton (Hinge pin separated from glider)

All Simonton Windows come with a transferable lifetime warranty. All Simonton Double hung windows produced in the last 30 years use the Denny Clip glide system. If you will email the pictures to

Skydawggy@Rocketmail.Com I will be happy to take a look at the problem and help you resolve it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here