Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood Screen for odd size opening

Posted by jgmc101 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 25, 10 at 13:19

I have a balcony with sections, I was able to make 3 screens for 3 of the 5 opening from the aluminum screens from Home Depot. But now there are two odd size openings that I can't use the aluminum because I can not find angle pieces for the corners. So I figured I would have to make them out of wood. 2 out of the 5 angles aren't squared.

My question is: How do I get the angles cut right if I use wood? Or is there a corner bracket I can use with the aluminum? Or any other suggestions?

Oh and I can not use the Porch Screening System because the roof is soo steep and the balcony is soo high. Just darn right dangerous for me.

See link, it is the farthest window on the right.

http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/15947/657670.jpg

Just in case you're wondering why? 2 reasons, I have a cat I don't want to go on the roof.

d I need more windows in that room and would like to keep the door open without bugs flying in.

Thanks ahead of time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood Screen for odd size opening

I would avoid the box stores and go directly to a local screen manufacturer (check your Yellow Pages). A template would have to be made of the opening probably but before going to that trouble, show them the picture to make sure they can do it. Not much help but a start.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here