Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
window replacement in queens

Posted by queenskitchen (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 1, 11 at 13:07

Any experience with Windowrama (flushing or other locations). Any other recommended window companies that will sell/install? I have 3 bedroom windows, 1 LR, 1 DR, 1 Kitchen, 1 Bathroom, and 1 basement that i want to replace.

What are some recommendations for good windows? (no offense for the car owners) I don't want the kia of windows and dont need the lexus/mercedes/etc. of windows but do want to get something good as i will be in this house prob 7-10 years.

Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: window replacement in queens

Some of the better brands we are familiar with are made by Sunrise, Soft-lite, Okna, Gorell and Simonton. Most if not all should be available to you. If you are having trouble locating a dealer, go to the manufacturers websites and use the "find a dealer" feature. Good Luck.

o

+1

Solid advice from sky.

I only like one of the vinyl options listed on their page if that is what you are looking at.

o

Thanks. They have suggested united brand windows. Windowswashington, which one do you suggest (i am looking at vinyl). I asked for a comparative price on the simonton vinyl as well.

o

Gorell, HiMark, Soft-Lite, Sunrise

o

windows washington- Any specific reason you left off Okna and simonton? Do you just think the 4 you mentioned are better? I am getting a quote from another place that is a Gorell dealer and also sells Okna. I am going to price those and compare to the Simonton quote (you also left off simontim from some of the other recommendations). Gorell was roughly quoted at about 100 more per window than Okna (400 series I think).

o

I don't think that the Simonton is in the same class as those listed and Okna is changing their name to HiMark very soon.

o

Thanks...i really appreciate the assistance on here. For someone that knows nothing about windows, it really helps to gain a little knowledge so we don't get taken for a ride.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here