Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
price of Infinity v Kolbe v Pella Proline

Posted by sammia (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 11:39

Hi I've received quotes for the above mentioned windows ranging from $16,000 for Pella to $21,000 for Kolbe to $26,000 for Infinity. They are all infills and for 21 windows.My question is how the prices relate to each other ie. is the Kolbe 50% better than Pella and is Infinity 25% better than Kolbe.Both Kolbe and Pella are wood windows with aluminium cladding. I'm surprised the Infinity is so expensive as I would've expected kolbe to be.Can anyone please share their thoughts,experiences on the merits of these windows and their prices.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: price of Infinity v Kolbe v Pella Proline

Pella pro line is garbage and it should be cheaper. Kolbe is much better made than Pella..there is the reason..
Next- infinity is an expensive window, thats just the way it is, plus its fiberglass which is expensive.
Marvin also make the integrity in all fiberglass but not only is it ugly, its kind of flimsy. The pella impervia fiberglass is garbage and made cheaply.
So, if you want fiberglass, go with Infinity. If wood, choose the kolbe.

o

I used to be a dealer for Kolbe when we manufactured log homes. I was very quality oriented and Kolbe never let me down. It was the only window I used.
Don

o

Kolbe looks like the clear winner in that pricing line up if you ask me.

+1 to the previous comments as well.

o

No question in my mind either (but then again I prefer wood).

o

Oh you do Millworkman.....hmm....

o

wow,

This post was edited by millworkman on Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 20:43

o

Nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here