Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Woodwright vs. "A" Series (Architect)

Posted by ronniepuddle (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 10:45

We are trying to make a decision re: "A" Series vs. Woodwright double hung Anderson. Full framed window (not replacement). 1920 house. North East. Stucco. Basic white on inside and outside, we plan to paint windows and install outside trim ourselves. All the Anderson White paints look grey to me. Fine with basic screens, basic clear divided glass. The grills need to look authentic not pop out and in. The windows need to tilt (they all do). The hardware will be in rubbed oil bronze, estate. The ability to raise the window, needs to be smooth and not too hard. What is the big difference or advantage of these two Anderson Windows? Is it just the fiberglass?

I can't tell them apart. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Woodwright vs. "A" Series (Architect)

Both are fine choices, perhaps one of the Andersen experts will chime in with insight on the differences.
Is there a reason that you are only considering Andersen?... I'd throw Marvin and Kolbe into the mix of top wood windows that are readily available.

o

Todd seems to know the lines pretty well. Perhaps he will comment but I also agree that Marvin and Kolbe should be in the mix if you are considering wood.

o

I am not that familiar with these lines besides tire kicking. As far as I can tell you can get more color options, hardware options, glass options,complete line of products, and tilt latch like Marvins with the A-Series. The A-Series was quite a bit more expensive when I last priced them out, if the Woodwright has everything you want I wood not pay the premium since there seems to be no real gain in performance and both seem built fairly well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here