Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Air Chek windows

Posted by electricguy (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 10:38

i am in the process of receiving window bids and i am a bit disappointed with some of the windows i am seeing. the one contractor showed my Air Chek windows which looked very cheaply made. Am i correct with my assessment of these windows?
i also saw Bonded windows and they looked kind of cheap as well. both of these windows are manufactured close to where i work ( power company).
i also saw silverline by andersen and Reliabilt by Lowes. i cannot believe how cheaply made these windows are and i am becoming very disappointed with everything.
I am willing to pay extra to get a quality vinyl window that not only looks nice but is built very well and will last. any recommendations for brands that i should be looking at? thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Air Chek windows

ok, you basically saw a bunch of lower end windows. air check is indeed a lower end window and i could never in good conscience install one for a customer; Bonded windows isnt far behind. We refer to Air Chek as rental property windows.
Reliabilt by Lowes, silverline, and alside excalibur are lower end as well, especially silverline/ american craftsman.
your logic of spending more to get better quality is very smart. what most homeowners dont understand is with windows, cheaper is always more expensive. cheaper quality vinyl looks cheap, leak air, and can also warp. this means you will wind up doing your window project twice which is much more expensive than initially going with a quality window. unfortunately many " jack of all trade" as well as local pick up truck type contractors wrongly think all windows are created equal. most of these type of contractors buy the cheapest windows in order to have a better chance of getting the job ( lowest bid) as well as making a better profit.
brands that most window pro's recommend are as follows :
Okna, Himark, Soft Lite, Sunrise, and Gorell.

o
RE: Air Chek windows

thanks for the clarification. it was obvious that the Air Chek Windows or Air Check windows ( however its spelled) were garbage .
I will take your advice and looked into those higher end brands.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here